We’re your sloping block specialists!
Beachside Construction on the Sunshine Coast specialises in constructing homes on sloping blocks. Building a new home on uneven terrain introduces a set of challenges demanding a tailored approach. Many project builders shy away from such challenges, citing a reluctance to build on sloping land. Choosing a builder who is not experienced with sloping blocks could result in unforeseen budget escalations or, worse, future issues.
So, why engage Beachside Construction to build your dream home on your dream block? Here are our top reasons:
1. Establishing a solid foundation for your dream home:
In the initial stages of construction, homes built on sloping blocks often require some level of excavation, incorporating concrete piers or screw piles (depending on your home design), planning for adequate drainage pits, and constructing retaining walls to prevent erosion or drainage complications. Neglecting these issues early in the process may jeopardize the structural integrity of your new Sunshine Coast home.
2. Designing homes that optimise sloping block potential:
As experienced custom home builders, each home we design is unique. We commence with an on-site meeting to assess your land and understand your vision for your new Sunshine Coast home. During this meeting, you will meet with the builder, Paul Johannessen, who will guide you through the best design options, considering your budget, land contours, and design preferences.
Key considerations in designing a site-responsive home on sloped land include:
- The steepness of the block, influencing the choice between a pole home, slab home, single stepped home, or a split-level design.
- The direction of the slope, whether it ascends from or descends towards the road, or traverses the block.
- Location and amount of drainage to divert water away from the home.
- Optimal views and how to maximise them.
- Environmental factors such as maximising light, airflow, and mitigating wind effects.
3. Avoiding budget overruns:
While constructing a home on a sloping block incurs higher costs than on a flat block, selecting a custom home builder specialising in slopes can mitigate associated expenses. A site-responsive design typically requires less excavation and retaining, which are often substantial cost factors.
4. Safeguarding the future value of your home:
Engaging with a sloping block specialist means you’re investing in the long-term value of your new home. Getting it right from the outset minimises potential risks associated with building on uneven terrain.
Contact Beachside Construction today to explore your options for a new home on a sloping block. We specialize in various sloping block homes across the Sunshine Coast, covering areas from Caloundra to Noosa, and extending to Gympie, Nambour, and Woodford.
Beachside Construction specialises in building:
- Custom sloping block home designs
- Single and multi-level homes and duplexes
- Split-level and stepped homes
- Architecturally designed homes
Feel free to reach out to us today at 0409 591 005 or email@example.com.