Specialists in building on sloping blocks, Sunshine Coast, QLD
So, you’ve found your dream block of land. It’s in a great neighbourhood, with great schools and amenities and the views are to die for. It’s perfect! Except… it’s a sloping block. Don’t let that stop you – read on to find out why.
Beachside Construction (Qld) have the specialist skills to design and build your dream home on a sloping site, all without blowing your budget.
Here’s how we work with you to design and build your dream home on your dream block:
Understanding the site
Beachside Construction (Qld) offer a Free Site Inspection, so if you’ve recently bought or are thinking of buying a sloping block, give Beachside Construction (Qld) a call. We’ll want to get a copy of your contour plan and ask you some questions about your dream home, and budgets.
Designing your Dream Home
Now that we understand your block, Beachside Construction (Qld) can custom design a site-responsive home. Key considerations of your site will be:
- The steepness of the block – this might dictate whether you have a pole home or a slab home, a single stepped home or a split-level design;
- The direction of the slope – whether the slope runs up from the road or down from the road or across the block;
- Location and amount of drainage to move water away from the home;
- The direction of your views, and which views you want to maximise;
- Environmental considerations, such as maximising light, air flow and reducing the effects of wind tunnels.
Sticking to your Budget
Building a home on a sloping block is more expensive than building on a flat block, however opting for a custom design will help reduce costs associated with the build. In particular, a site-responsive design will require less excavation and less retaining – and these can be heavy ticket items! It’s also important to remember that too much excavation and inadequate retaining can lead to soil erosion problems.
Don’t be put-off by a sloping block!
Call Beachside Construction (Qld) first! We have many years experience in designing and building homes on challenging sites on the Sunshine Coast. We will work with you at every step of the journey to ensure we deliver your dream home on your dream block of land.